Have you ever been utterly lost and confused when trying to make a purchase? Sorting through different models, options, and upgrades ever make your head spin? This happened to me just a couple weeks ago while trying to buy a sewing machine for my wife.
I didn’t have a clue what I was looking for and my web research only confirmed the fact that I knew nothing about this craft. I needed help, so I decided to start with the biggest fabric store that I knew of.
Upon my arrival, I was introduced to a woman who was obviously a Jedi Master of sewing. She sat me down and walked me through Sewing Machine 101, then easily recommended a model for my wife. She knew absolutely everything about sewing and I felt confident in her recommendation. Needless to say, my wife was thrilled and I looked like a hero.
We often sense this type of confusion with our customers when it comes to finding a paper cutter. And as the main supplier of cutters to FedEx Office and OfficeMax, we’re happy to share our expertise with you.
It would take much more than a quick, 2-minute blog to explain all of the cutter models that we carry, so let’s try to get you pointed in the right direction by first identifying the type of cutter that you’re looking for.
- Single Sheet – these machines are called rotary trimmers and are designed to cut one sheet of paper or laminate at a time.
- Multiple Sheets / Stacks – known as guillotine or knife cutters, these machines are designed to cut stacks of paper all at once.
Foamboard or Substrate Cutters
- Tabletop / Ruler – models designed for cutting on a tabletop.
- Wall-Mount – upright cutter, making trimming of foamboard easy and hands free.
- Corner Rounders – for cutting rounded off edges on paper or plastic.
- Passport Photo Cutter – cuts a perfect 2” x 2” passport photo.
Use the information above to determine the type of cuter you are looking for, then click over to our website to find the best make/model for your application. Still not sure? Just contact us for help. I might even be able to recommend a good sewing machine!
Got a story about a confusing purchase that you’ve had to make? Share it in the comments below.