So a common question that we hear quite often is, “Can I get my company logo printed on the side of plastic binding combs?” To which we answer, “Of course you can.” Getting customized, imprinted plastic combs with your logo, business name or document title is easier than you think. Just a few things are needed to get the ball rolling toward your own professional looking booklets:
- Imprint Copy/Artwork – this is the trickiest part of these imprinting jobs. Straight text or type is a no-brainer – easy peasy, lemon squeezie. However, if you want a logo or any image other than letters, we need to evaluate it to make sure it can imprint well. Solid colored images work well, but photos or any images with gradient tones will have some issues printing well. Just send the logo in an email and we can quickly let you know if it will work.
- Ink Color: most imprint jobs are created using a single ink color. Black, white, silver and gold are standard colors. Any other colors can be custom mixed for an additional charge. More than one color can be imprinted, however the imprinting process used for these does not allow for exact registration and the colors must not come close to touching.
- Comb Color – you can choose from Black; White; Blue; Red; Navy; Clear; Hunter Green; Maroon; & Light Gray – Matte Black is also available in limited sizes. See plastic comb choices by clicking here.
- Comb Diameter(s) – just let us know which size(s) you need. Ordering multiple sizes is perfectly fine. Keep in mind that the smaller the diameter, the less area there is to imprint your information. If you’re not sure which size will hold your documents, look at our Capacity Charts for maximum number of sheets/thickness.
- Comb Length – most standard combs for binding along an 11 inch edge have 19 rings (teeth) and measure 10.75 inches long. If you are binding on the shorter 8.5 inch side of a letter size document, then your combs would have 15 rings at 8.25 inches.
- Quantities – the minimum order for a custom imprinted coil run is 1000 total pieces. The good news is that you can split up sizes to total that number: 700 ½” combs and 300 1″ combs will meet the minimum order quantity.
So if you have ever thought of putting you logo or business name on the side of a plastic comb – just let us know what you envision and we’ll try to make it happen for you.